Here I’ve piled up a list of 40 of the best positive thinking quotes, through my social improvement journey there’s nothing that struck me more than quotes, inspirational, motivational, or simply awesome quotes. So here to share with all the readers is a list of some I’ve found to be pretty good.
Reading quotes allows you to really capture a genius moment in someone's life, experience speaks through in the form of words that last for ages. One must not undervalue quotes, they oftentimes get you to get a little bit of the mindset of that person.
1. “I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan
2. “The road to positivity is strewn with the abandoned vehicles of the faint-hearted.” - Peter McWilliams
3. “The self-styled practical man of affairs who pooh-poohs philosophy as a lot of windy notions is himself a pragmatist or a positivist, and a bad one at that, since he has given no thought to his position.” - Alan Watts
4. "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On, has solved and will always solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge
5. “But men do not live only by fighting evils. They live by positive goals, individual and collective, a vast variety of them, seldom predictable, at times incompatible.” - Sir Isaiah Berlin
6. “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” - Michael Jordan
7. “The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be.” - Horace Bushnell
8. “Experience is the child of thought, and thought is the child of action” - Benjamin Disraeli
And here's some extra positive thinking quotes I found:
9. “First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.” - Epictetus
10. “They can because they think they can.” - Virgil
11. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” - Thomas Jefferson
12. “Success is sweet: the sweeter if long delayed and attained through manifold struggles and defeats.” - A. Branson Alcott
13. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” - Vince Lombardi
14. “The man who makes a success of an important venture never wails for the crowd. He strikes out for himself. It takes nerve, it takes a great lot of grit; but the man that succeeds has both. Anyone can fail. The public admires the man who has enough confidence in himself to take a chance. These chances are the main things after all. The man who tries to succeed must expect to be criticized. Nothing important was ever done but the greater number consulted previously doubted the possibility. Success is the accomplishment of that which most people think can't be done.” - C. V. White
15. “Victory belongs to the most persevering.” - Napoleon Bonaparte
16. “If you can't accept losing, you can't win.” - Vince Lombardi
17. “You are never a loser until you quit trying.” - Mike Ditka
18. “Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer.” - Marcia Wieder
19. "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” - Michael Jordan
20. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney
21. “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
22. “Your journey has molded you for greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don’t think that you’ve lost time. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time” – Asha Tyson
23. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me” – Ayn Rand
24. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you’ve imagined” – Thoreau
25. “It is never too late to be what you might have been” – George Elliot
26. “Be so good they can’t ignore you” – Steve Martin
27. “Hold the vision, trust the process” – Anonymous
28. “Above all, try something” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
29. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life” – Virginia Woolf
30. “I must always be positive no matter what happens on the outside, I have positivity inside and even though this is not an eternal state of mind, it’s my daily attitude in life.” – Carol Burgo
31. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you” – Jim Rohn
32. “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent” – Marilyn Vos Savant
I love these positive thinking quotes from the book ‘think and grow rich’ by Napoleon Hill, hand-picked them myself from the book:
33. “Close friends and relatives, while not meaning to do so, often handicap on through ‘opinions’ and sometimes though ridicule, which is meant to be humorous. Thousands of men and women carry inferiority complexes with them all through life, because some well-meaning, but ignorant person destroyed their confidence through opinions or ridicule” – Napoleon Hill
34. “You have a brain and mind of your own. Use it, and reach your own decisions” – Napoleon Hill
35. “You might find it necessary to ‘snap’ out of your mental inertia, moving slowly at first, then increasing your speed, until you gain complete control over your will. Be persistent no matter how slowly you may, at first, have to move. With persistence will come success.” – Napoleon Hill
36. “Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product” – Eleanor Roosevelt
37. “Around here, we don’t look backwards for very long… We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we’re curious… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths” – Walt Disney
38. “Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings” – Salvador Dali
39. “Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that you can make anything happen.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
40. “Happiness is a habit – cultivate it” – Elbert Hubbard
Hope you enjoyed those positive thinking quotes, there’s more to come!
Check out this this awesome positive thinking quotes video:
The Mind Power Grid web site has a large collection of positive thinking quotes which can inspire you. With over 350 quotes, there's surely something there that'll contribute to your motivation!
Daily Positive Thoughts: My very personal affirmations, the ones that led me to success!
6 Tips to Getting a positive life: A practical guide to setting your life in a positive spiral.
Just Be Yourself: Gain confidence by just 'being yourself'.
Start from Rock Bottom: Build up you confidence from zero, and become the confident man.